“Tuesday Tune-Up” is a weekly gathering of downtown retail business owners want to learn ways to improve their business and network with other downtown business owners. Included with the networking and discussion, is a video webinar with Jon Schallert, a destination business consultant, featuring a different aspect of developing your business into a destination. This is an initiative of the Economic Restructuring Committee of the Clayton Downtown Development Association, Inc.
WHAT: ”Tuesday Tune-Up”
WHEN: Every Tuesday at 8:30 am
WHERE: Sherry’s Signature Cheesecakes, 120 E Main Street, Clayton
WHO: Downtown Clayton Business owners/managers and retail members of the Clayton Chamber of Commerce who want to improve & increase their business!
03/11/2014 – Lessons from Alpha Dog Businesses
Jon Schallert interviews Donna Fenn, Author of Alpha Dogs: How Your Small Business Can Become the Leader of the Pack. In this webinar, you will learn:
- How a business can become an Alpha Dog
- How to make your business a leader of the pack
- Common “Aha” moments that all of these Alpha Dog businesses share
- Why entrepreneurs are “perennially restless.”
- The 8 Alpha Dog companies that made the list for this book
03/18/2014 – Using Google+ To Your Business Advantage (Crystal Vilkaitis)
Crystal Vilkaitis, Social Network Expert, talks with Jon Schallert as she clarifies one of the most confusing social networking tools available: Google +. In this interview, Crystal discusses:
- The increase in demand for social media used by businesses
- How a business owner can know if a social media expert really has the expertise that they need
- Why social media is so difficult for business owners
- How to make social media less time-consuming for a business owner
- Social media for 20 year-olds versus 50+
- specific steps that business owners can put into practice with Google +
- What Google + is and the importance of it versus Facebook or Twitter
- The most common mistakes owners make using Google +
- The critical steps that business owners need to do to get started
- How to “claim” a business place on Google +
- Why consistency is important in social media
- The best way for a business owner to know what their employees are doing who handle their social media functions
- How to find competent employees who know what to do with social media
03/25/14 – Creating the Customer Focused Company That Dares To Be Awesome (Howard Hyden)
Jon Schallert interviews Howard Hyden, President of the Center for Customer Focus, on the specific steps every business can take to gain a competitive advantage by using a customer focus strategy. The following topics are discussed in this interview:
- What is a customer-focused company?
- Is customer service the same as customer-focus?
- Does great customer service give you a strong competitive advantage?
- How a product-focused company is different
- “Ask the customer what awesome would be” and then apply this to your business
- “Dare to be awesome because the rest of the world is average.”
- Why people on your staff who never interact with customers need to be thinking about customer-focus
- Why hours of operation are important when thinking about a customer-centric operation
- Is cutting back hours a good decision when trying to cut expenses?
- The importance of age in establishing an awesome customer-focused company
- The importance of gender in establishing an awesome customer-focused company
- Does being a customer-focused company lead to word-of-mouth?
- The best way to get referrals from customers
- “Your knowledge can be your competitive disadvantage”