“Tuesday Tune-Up” is a weekly gathering of downtown and Clayton Chamber of Commerce retail business owners (see testimonials below) who want to learn ways to improve their business and network with other downtown business owners. Included with the networking and discussion, is a video webinar with Jon Schallert, a destination business consultant, featuring a different aspect of developing your business into a destination. This is an initiative of the Economic Restructuring Committee of the Clayton Downtown Development Association, Inc.
WHAT: ”Tuesday Tune-Up”
WHEN: Every Tuesday at 8:30 am
WHERE: Sherry’s Signature Cheesecakes, 120 E Main Street, Clayton
WHO: Downtown Clayton Business owners/managers and retail members of the Clayton Chamber of Commerce who want to improve & increase their business!
11/05/2013- Understanding the 5 Consumer Time Zones
- Most businesses only market locally, and consequently, are dependent on local consumers and the local economy to thrive or survive.
- Destination Businesses pull consumers to them from greater distances and have the ability to generate additional sales from out-of-market consumers.
- In this webinar, Jon will explain a new philosophical marketing mindset that begins by understanding that consumers can be drawn to a business from 5 Consumer Time Zones, and how this new perspective on attracting customers to your business can make it easier to attract local consumers, too.
11/19/2013- Donna Bailey-Tailor, Johnston County Visitor’s Bureau
- Donna will speak about the Visitor’s Bureau and share ways the bureau can provide information to assist downtown businesses.
11/26/2013- No Tune-Up Tuesday (preparing for Thanksgiving!)
12/03/2013- Last Minute Tactics to Make Your Year-End the Best Ever
- Learn 11 different, low-cost marketing tactics that can be implemented by any business to drive customer traffic and sales in less than 30 minutes.
- These tactics are especially effective when implemented during the 4th Quarter of the year.
12/10/2013- Using Bounce-Back Promotions: The Easiest Way to Pull Back Customers
The bounceback promotion is the easiest way to bring customers back to your business. Learn how top companies are using bounceback promotions to build customer traffic during low-traffic time periods
- What bounceback promotions are, and why they are important to your small business.
- The best time to use bounceback promotions.
- How to create promotional offers that are valuable to customers and keep them coming back.
- How small businesses are making their own bounceback promotions.
- Tips and suggestions for creating successful bouncebacks
12/17/2013- Attracting Prime Time Women (ages 50-70) To Your Business
Jon Schallert talks with Marti Barletta, best-selling author and expert on Marketing to Women. In this interview, Marti talks about:
- Who are PrimeTime Women.
- Women are responsible for 80% of the buying decisions.
- What companies and industries would benefit from by doing a better job of marketing to women.
- What the dangers are of marketers ignoring this over 50 age group.
- How women ages 50-70 buy differently from younger women.
- What the significance of Double-Dipping Inheritance is.
- How grandmothers and their buying habits are influencing purchasing decisions.
- How word-of-mouth marketing is critical for reaching PrimeTime Women.
- Changes a small business owner should make with their employees to accommodate PrimeTime customers.
12/24/2013- No Tune-Up Tuesday (preparing for Christmas!)
12/31/2013- No Tune-Up Tuesday (preparing for New Years!)
Coming in January:
- How To Develop Ultra Services
- Using Pinterest for Your Busines
- Advanced Techniques to Using Pinterist
- Search Engine Optimizing Your YouTube Videos