The Planning Board advises Town Council on rezonings and other development related items.
The Planning Board helps to ensure proposed development does not adversely impact the health, safety, and welfare of Clayton, while assuring the protection of the Town's character and providing high quality development. The Unified Development Code, the Strategic Growth Plan, and other adopted documents, including project-specific information such as traffic impact analyses or housing and marketing studies are used to guide the Planning Board in reviewing applications.
The Planning Board is responsible for providing recommendations on key amendments to the zoning and the code of ordinances including text amendments, rezoning, and conditional zoning districts. The Board's recommendation directly informs the Town Council to make decisions on these types of applications.
- View the Meeting Dates for 2022 (PDF)
- Access Agendas From 2016 and After
- Learn more about Planning Board Duties
- Information on upcoming projects can also be found on the Public Hearings and Notices page
- Access the Advisory Boards page to learn more about our advisory board openings! If you have great ideas you want to share, have skills you feel would benefit the community and have the willingness to give your time and energies to making this community great, please get involved and apply to serve on an advisory board
- If you'd like the full meeting minutes, please come to the Planning Department in Town Hall anytime
- James Moore (TL) - Chair Term Expires: December 31, 2024 - Serving Since: January 2019
- Steven Powers (TL) - Co-Chair Tern Expires: December 31, 2023 - Serving Since: August 2016
- Jeffrey R. Spence (ETJ) Term Expires: December 31, 2023 - Serving Since: January 2021
- Lisa Begley (ETJ) Term Expires: December 31, 2023 - Serving Since: January 2021
- Ronald Williams (TL) Term Expires: December 31, 2024 - Serving Since: January 2022
- Kevin Lee (TL) Term Expires: December 31, 2024 - Serving Since: January 2021
- Ethan Bennett Term Expires: December 31, 2022 - Serving Since: January 2022
- James Lipscomb (ETJ) Term Expires: December 31, 2024 - Serving Since: January 2014
- Jodie Dupree Term Expires: December 31, 2022 - Serving Since: January 2022
- Andria Archer, Councilmember
Member Tag Definitions
- TL: Inside Town Limits
- ETJ: Outside Town Limits, but inside Extra Territorial Jurisdiction planning boundary